Welcome to the Scaleway Family! 🥰
To get started, it's time to launch an instance. But first you need to understand which option is best for you and your business. This article will provide a quick overview of the options available to you at Scaleway.
Scaleway offers a wide range of instances to ensure you can choose the best solution for your use case.
Development Instances are our entry-level compute instances.
As the name implies, Development Instances are designed for development or testing environments. They're also ideal for personal and non-critical applications.
Development Instances are available in various configurations, from small instances providing 2 vCPUs and 20 GB of SSD storage up to larger configurations providing 12 vCPUs and 120 GB of NVMe SSD storage.
Popular Use Cases :
- Development and testing environments,
- Occasional Sandbox,
- Hosting of personal & non-critical projects.
General Purpose Instances
General Purpose Instances have been designed with performance in mind.
All five of configurations are all based on AMD EPYC CPUs and provide from 4 to 48 vCPUs and a 4:1 core-to-RAM ratio — the perfect configuration for demanding workloads.
With up to 600 GB of NVMe SSD storage, they offer enough storage capacity to handle most workloads.
Popular Use Cases:
- Hosting of production environments,
- Running database servers,
- Running caching server like NGINX.
GPU Instances are equipped with 10 Intel Xeon Gold 6148 cores and come with specific AVX-512 instructions along with 45 GB of RAM.
A 16-GB NVIDIA Tesla P100 is directly exposed to the instances through PCI Express without any over-provisioning. These instances are designed for production workloads in artificial intelligence, 3D rendering, and ultra-high-definition video encoding.
Ideal Use Cases :
- Artificial intelligence,
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning,
- BigData and parallel calculation.
Choosing the Optimal Instance for Your Project
Whether you know exactly which instances you're looking for or want to experiment a little, we have one piece of advice:
Don't panic, just try !
All our instances are billed by the hour, making it quick and easy to test and try as many instance types as you want.
And remember : all your instances instances are part of our complete Cloud ecosystem to help you supercharge your projects 🤩
For example you have access to the following for FREE with Scaleway:
- 75 GB of free S3-compatible object storage
- Our managed Kubernetes Control Plane Kaspule, perfect for deploying your autoscaled CPU and/or GPU clusters.
- HashiCorp certified Terraform deployment automation tool
- Our new CLI V2 to efficiently manage & deploy your infrastructure
And that's just the start of the Scaleway cloud ecosystem!
Becoming a member of the Scaleway family means being at the center of a motivated community ready to help you every step of the way:
- Troubleshoot with our detailed documentation
- Join our Slack Community to interact with other users and the Scaleway team
- Get in touch with our Sales engineers by phone +33 1 84 13 00 50 or creating ticket from your Scaleway Elements console.
Finally, here is a selection of resources that should help you get started :